Sunday, June 22, 2008

An interleague sweep?

A lot of times when writing about baseball, I like to use the term, "Stranger things have happened." Baseball is an old, old sport that has seen a lot of things happen in the 100+ years that it's been played the way it's played now. So I'm sure that at some point in the history of baseball, something stranger than the Pirates sweeping an interleague series has happened before (hell, the Pirates have probably done it before at some point). It just doesn't seem like that to Pirate fans. Today Ian Snell tries once again to get himself in gear against Dustin McGowan and the rest of the Blue Jays, who are really not very good this year. Snell was awful last time out and seems to be turning into some nightmarish combination of Ricky Vaughn and Oliver Perez. I don't think I can handle that. I wish he would stop.