Saturday, June 14, 2008

Going to Baltimore

It is strange, but in my entire life I've actually only watched baseball games in three cities and four stadiums. I've been to PNC and Three Rivers, of course, I've been to the Jake on several occasions, and once when I was in first grade I went to what was at the time New Comiskey Park to see the White Sox and Angels play (random side note, because I KNOW Bo Jackson hit a home run and I'm pretty sure the Angels won, it was probably this game). This is only relevant because by the time this posts, I'll be in Baltimore as I'm going to see some friends and watch the Pirates and Orioles play.

So yeah, I'm psyched for a number of reasons. Of course, Camden has always been high on my list of place to see a game. In fact, it's probably at the top since San Francisco is really far away, Yankee Stadium is getting torn down and I have no desire to deal with the people that inhabit Fenway (also, I just want to go to Wrigley to get drunk in the afternoon and laugh at Cubs' fans, actually watching baseball is secondary there). Throw in the fact that I'll probably only see three Pirate games in person this year and yeah, I'm pumped (if you're going to be there, keep an eye out for this guy, chances are quite good I'll even be making the same face).

Anyways, Radhames Liz and Zach Duke tonight, the gamethread for Sunday will auto-post, and if I don't have time to post before then, I'll be on Sporting News Radio Sunday night at 8:30. Hopefully sometime around, or before then, I'll be back with pictures aplenty.