Thursday, May 22, 2008

WHYGAVS Night Update

This is going down as the official WHYGAVS Night thread. Once it gets pushed down on the page, I'm going to add a link to it at the top of the sidebar. Let's run through the details:

  • When: June 27th, 2008
  • Where: PNC Park, of course. Pirates and Devil Rays
  • Time: When do people want to meet? Is 6 good? Are we going to a bar before the game? How many people are underage? These are all things we need to figure out.
  • Who: Anyone. I mean, we're starting with WHYGAVS readers, but feel free to bring family, friends, etc. They'll be excited to meet strangers that you know through the internet, I promise.
  • Tickets: I know this is a drag, but everyone's going to be responsible for their own tickets. It's just too hard to try and coordinate tickets for a number of reasons, so I think the best way to do this is to have everyone just buy a cheap ticket ahead of time and we'll chill in the rotunda or in one of the many vastly empty sections of PNC. Actually, the 27th is Dave Parker bobblehead night, so plan your ticket buying accordingly (though I doubt it will be a sellout).
I'm assuming, of course, that people are still interested in this. What details am I missing? What else do we need to cover?