Saturday, May 10, 2008

Game 35: Pirates 3 Braves 2

If you're curious, 7 innings of two-hit ball doesn't count as a good outing when you walk six people in my book. Snell's still rather obviously got something wrong with him and maybe if I have some time later, I'll sit down and see if I can't being to sort out just what it is using his pitch FX or something.

Still, even with Snell having almost no control, the Braves certainly couldn't hit him last night and that let the Pirates stay close, even with Tom Glavine finally having a good outing against someone this year (you just had to know it would be us, it's always us). Still, Freddy Sanchez knocked in all three of the Pirates' runs with a two-run double in the seventh (which also saw Bixler thrown out at the plate ... did anyone see this play? was it typicaly Beasley/Mientkiewicz baserunning?) and a game-winning single in the bottom of the ninth.

Somehow, the Pirates are 16-19 and on a four-game winning streak. I'm not sure I get it.