Monday, April 14, 2008

What's up with the Dodgers?

Surely, 99% of Dodger fans would've gladly switched Grady Little for Joe Torre at the end of last season. I'm not so sure they feel the same way right now. Torre has seriously screwed with Chad Billingsly's rest schedule and he's repeatedly benched Matt Kemp for the almost worthless Juan Pierre. What he's thinking ... I'm not so sure. What I do know is that the Dodgers a pretty bad 5-7 start and the Pirates are giving them their first out of division test tonight at 10 (or for all you in Pittsburgh, after the Pens' game). Zach Duke and Hideki Kuroda are facing off on the mound tonight, so the question for Pirate fans tonight is whether or not all those hits Duke's been giving up (despite his 2.13 ERA, his WHIP is 1.58 due to his 18 hits in 12 and 2/3 innings) are going to start falling in, or if Duke can maybe get his act together and stop getting hit so freaking hard. I mean, I want to believe that his nice little start is for real, but those peripherals just keep screaming "Mirage! Miraaaaaage!!!" at me.