Saturday, March 22, 2008

This sounds bad...

Lets' juxtapose some statements from today's paper together. First there's this:
There seems at least the possibility that Freddy Sanchez will not be ready to play when the Pirates open the season March 31 in Atlanta.
OK... then this:
"I was hoping this day would be easier," he said. "Even if it felt just a little better, it would be a different story. It just doesn't feel right. It's frustrating. I'm very concerned now."
Might be out for opening day? Might?!? Because next is this:
"Obviously I'm getting concerned. I'm to the point where I just want this thing to go away. It's not cooperating."
That sounds like he's willing to do whatever it takes to make his shoulder better. Including more surgery? Because we also have this:
Pirate second baseman Freddy Sanchez, bothered by pain in his right shoulder, will be examined by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala., Monday. Sanchez will fly to Birmingham tomorrow and return to Bradenton Tuesday.
I don't like how this sounds at all. Is everyone ready for the Luis Rivas era?