Sunday, December 30, 2007

Nate McLouth was really good last year

In today's PG, Dejan takes a nice look at Nate McLouth's 2007 season through the eyes of the Bill James Handbook (as an aside, I didn't get the handbook until Christmas this year, but am planning on some posts from it to start off the new year). What really shines through is this: Nate McLouth was pretty freaking good last year. If the Pirates don't give him an extended look somewhere in the outfield in 2008, I'm going to be really, really disappointed.

In the same article, it's mentioned that the gold "P" is replacing the Pirate head in a lot of marketing. That move is pretty evident on the team website, which you've probably noticed has been seriously redesigned. I think it's a nice look- I've always been a much bigger fan of logos like the Penguins logo rather than ones that are clearly designed by marketing departments like the Pirates' is. I wonder if another change is in the offing for the red-bandana'd mascot.