Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The World Series

So it's finally here. Rox and Sox. The World Series. I won't lie, I remain unconvinced by the Rockies run and I'm going to be surprised if they make a series out of this. 87% of you disagree with me on this one. Tonight's game one is a bit different than usual. I'm generally of the opinion that Game 1 is the biggest game in the series, to set the tone and whatnot. In fact, every team that's won Game 1 this year has gone on to win their series, if I'm not mistaken. But tonight with Beckett on the mound, the Rockies certainly can't be disappointed if they lose. After all, no one beats the mighty Josh Beckett in the playoffs. But if they win, man, that sends a message to all the people like me out there. Similarly, the Red Sox almost have to feel like they have to win this game with Beckett on the mound. It's very bizarre to call Game 1 a must-win game for the better team in the series, but I kind of think it is. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.