Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Colorado Rockies are your 2007 NL Champs

Are you serious? I can't believe any in history has been this hot at this time of year. Waiting until next Wednesday to kick off the World Series will be absolute torture for them. Quibbling with Selig's schedule aside: holy hell this team is fun to watch. They just keep winning and winning and winning. If I was the Indians or Red Sox, I wouldn't want to play them. I'm probably going to do a bunch of Rockies FanHouse posting this week, so keep an eye out for that.

Finally, congrats to Josh Fogg and Todd Helton, among the other Rockies. Fogg has always seemed like one of those genuinely good guys that could take anything in stride, even being waived by the Pittsburgh Pirates. We can trade hundreds of posts wondering how valuable he is as a pitcher, but there's no doubting how valuable he's been to the Rockies down the stretch and there's no doubting he's a good guy. As for Helton, I'm just happy to see him get his shot in the limelight. Having watched good players like Brian Giles, Jason Kendall, and now Jason Bay squander their best years in Pittsburgh it's hard not to feel good for a guy like Helton, who's stuck with his team and is finally being rewarded for it. And of course, good luck to them in the Series, I know I'll be rooting for them.