Sunday, September 09, 2007

Ryan Doumit is the most fraglie man alive

If you've been reading for long enough, you know that I'm a big Ryan Doumit fan. It seems like every single year of Doumit's career follows the same pattern. Doumit comes up, kills the ball, has me ready to say, "I told you so," and then Doumit gets hurt and misses huge chunks of the season. This year he missed a bunch of time with an injured wrist, came back, and sprained his ankle badly in his first game back, an injury that will likely cause him to miss the rest of the year. Last year I joked that Doumit had glass hamstrings, this year I think we should just start calling him "Mr. Glass."

From the same update, Jason Bay is finally going to get his gimpy right knee MRI'd. Obviously I hope he's OK, but maybe the severity of the problem in his knee will go a ways towards explaining his lackluster hitting this year. Unfortunately, things are rarely that easy.