Sunday, September 23, 2007

Only a week left

You know, if the Pirates aren't going to be bothered with playing hard, I'm not really going to bother myself to try and recap all of these damn games. They are combining forces with Ned Yost to hand the Cubs the NL Central this weekend, and that probably pisses me off more than an 8 game losing streak for a couple reasons:

  1. I picked the Brewers to win the NL Central before the season and would've looked like a genius if they would've pulled it off.
  2. I really don't want the Cubs to make the playoffs.
  3. I always hoped that by 2007 Aramis Ramirez and Jason Kendall would be in the playoffs together. Just not like this.
Anyways, Tom Gorzelanny will be pitching about 3 innings and throwing 90 pitches against the Big Z today as Ned Yost is insanely choosing to send Chris Capuano to the mound against the Braves. That means that around the time the Steelers are done, the Cubs will have a 3.5 game lead in the Central and this thing will be over.