Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Game 137: Cardinals 6 Pirates 2

I honestly can't even watch games that Matt Morris starts. I just get really, really angry at the fact that he's even on the team, and that's before he starts giving up a ton of runs. Then he gives up a ton of runs and I want to throw my computer at something. But that would be a bad idea because this thing wasn't particularly cheap and hell, I'm just a grad student/blogger. That's a great pickup line and all, but it doesn't exactly make me Bob Nutting, if you know what I mean.

Oh, right, the game. Morris pitched and we lost. Joel Piniero pitched pretty badly, but we couldn't score on him. I don't understand how Franquellis Osoria gives up runs in every game he pitches, but his ERA is under 4.00. David Eckstein had three hits and scored two runs. I don't like him at all. He's like a less talented Jack Wilson that people love because he's short. Speaking of whom, Jack Wilson had two more hits and is batting .278 now. You know it's a bad sign when people are wondering if Jack's "regained his form" and he's not even slugging .400 on the season.