Friday, August 17, 2007

Walker, McCutchen called up to AAA

For the last two weeks of the season, the Indianapolis Indians will finally be relevant to the Pittsburgh Pirates, as Neil Walker and Andrew McCutchen will join Steven Pearce and the rest of the crew there to give the Indians three potentially relevant future baseball players (sorry, Dave Davidson, I'm having a hard time getting worked up about you being there, too). Assuming they're with the team tonight, they'll be making their debut in Durham. Of course, this is the one night of the week I can't leave my apartment as I am a slave to the cable company's schedule tonight. Living in a new town with very few acquaintances and no cable TV is not a very easy thing to do. I don't think I'd last another week. After a week with no TV I'm starting to have original thoughts and things like that. We've got to put an end to this.