Saturday, August 11, 2007

I wish I could watch TV

With the Pirates being as bad as they are, my chances to actually see them on television are going to be few and far between over the next couple years. When I found out the Pirates were one of the Fox games this afternoon, I was kind of excited. I didn't exactly expect them to be the local game here in Chapel Hill, but my cable was scheduled to be hooked up this morning and I figured some chance of the Pirates being on TV was better than no chance at all. So this morning the cable guys showed up and after a half hour of standing around my apartment looking confused, the two nice gentlemen told me that my cable line was bad, that I had to get permission for them to run a new one, and that I had to reschedule them to come back, and the earliest time they could come back was next Saturday. So much for that.

Anyways, today Tim Lincecum and Tony Armas face off in a game of polar opposites. Lincecum is young and exciting as hell. I love watching him pitch. Armas is not young and he sucks. I hate watching him pitch. With the Pirates lineup out there, I think there's a chance that we might see (figuratively speaking, of course) something special out of Lincecum today.