Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Game 105: Pirates 15 Cardinals 1

I suppose it is appropriate to insert a joke about a blind squirrel finding a nut here.

So was Ronny Paulino's pathetic performance from last night worth it if it lit a fire under him? I dunno, last night was pretty ugly. Then again he did hit a grand slam tonight and gave Tony Armas a five run lead, so that was nice. And then everyone just kept hitting all night. Jason Bay has six hits in the last two games, Sanchez had four hits tonight, LaRoche killed the ball, etc. If I named everyone that hit well tonight I suppose I'd be naming just about everyone.

Tony Armas got his first win of 2007 by managing to not suck as a starter for the first time in his Pirate career. He went a solid 6 and 1/3 and struck out five Cardinals while only allowing one run on four hits. In fact, if you check out my prediction in the thread below I was almost dead on, except that I switched Braden Looper's line with Armas's. Go figure, I get extremely negative and doom and gloom and the team erupts for 15 runs to support a solid Tony Armas outing. Is today Bizarro day?