Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ian Snell is angry again

Sometimes I forget why the Ian Snell insult game ever got started. It's because Snell is a crazy m-f'er that will use anything he can find to get himself pissed off and fired up. After a poor start last year, he invented a slight from the Phillies and went out and dominated them, then did very little looking back from that point on. It was then that I suggested insulting Snell before every start, because it happened a couple other times last year.

So, Snell's had two straight crappy starts after the break where he's giving up gopher balls like crazy. What does Snell do? Accuse the Rockies of stealing his signs and promise to put a fastball in one of their earholes, Salomon Torres style, if he sees them again this year. This is why Snell is my favorite Pirate. I've already got the next Rockies series (August 20th-23rd) circled on my calendar. I don't know if the Rockies stole his signs today and I don't care. Ian Snell is pissed and that probably means good things for the next time he takes the mound.