Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Game 98: Mets 8 Pirates 4

I'm having a hard time finding things to say about this one. The team has pretty much mailed things in, from what I can see, and it's really depressing to watch. Snell gives up a homer to a pitcher, Bay doesn't run down a fly ball, Kata plays matador at third, Pirates lose for the ninth time in ten games.

I suppose if you're looking for positives, Bay did hit two homers to go with a single and a crushed flyout, so maybe he'll stop hitting like Pat Meares now (sorry, Pat Meares, you were way better than Jason Bay's been in the past month). Nady did have two doubles to go with Bay's homers, but we still lost in a game that wasn't terribly close. You know things are bad when Adam LaRoche singles in Nady in the first inning and my dad and I both reacted with, "And this is the only lead we'll have tonight." We were right, unfortunately.

I still can't believe Snell gave up a home run to a pitcher. Ugh. This is ugly and it's not going to get better any time soon, I don't think.