Friday, July 13, 2007

Finally, some baseball

It seems like forever since we've actually had a baseball game to talk about. I guess it's only been five days, but that definitely seems like forever. The well-rested Pirates and the well-rested Braves will go at it tonight at 7:35 in Atlanta. Tim Hudson and Ian Snell will take the mound.

The question for the Pirates is whether or not their sudden streak of competence that they flashed into the break can last. They're on a 9 of 13 stretch currently, though that seems like ancient history to me right now. I honestly think their best shot at .500 is to get really hot and mostly even things out, then play around .500 ball the rest of the way out rather than to constantly play above .500 for the entire half. Of course, I think they're only going to win about 73 games this year, so you probably don't want to ask me how they're going to get to .500.

Ian, I'd call you stupid but this is the Ian Snell insult game and it's no time for me to be insulting stupid people by lumping you in.