Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Deadline day

This can be the starting point for the trade deadline open thread. I don't think we're going to do much today, but I don't think much like Dave Littlefield, either (thank God) so who knows? Unexpected rumor #1 on the day: the Tigers appear interested in Jack Wilson. I have a lot of packing to do today, but I'm going to be doing most of it in front of the TV, so I'll post updates as they happen.

UPDATE (1:20): The PG kind of updates the Wilson talks, which is to say that they're still going on. My guess is that DL focuses on this all day and fails to get it done while Marte, Chacon, and Torres go untraded. ESPNs deadline shows, which is one of the few things they still get right, goes on the air at 1:30.

UPDATE (3:24)- The best relievers on the board, Dotel and Gagne, are gone, but with about a half hour left to the deadline I haven't heard the names Marte, Torres, or Chacon come up anywhere. Either Detroit is asking for them along with Wilson or they're not going anywhere.

UPDATE (4:09)- Looks like nothin' from here.