Monday, July 16, 2007

CEO Candidates

Not sure if Perrotto is working from an actual list somewhere or just pulling names out of the air, but he's got a long list of people that he thinks Bob Nutting might talk to about replacing Kevin McClatchy. I'm not familiar with everyone on this list, but here's what I do know: Lucchino's not coming here and if they're named Duquette, they're going to be a bad hire. Beyond that? I dunno, knowing how the Pirates like to operate, guys with phrases like like "local ties" and "Western Pennsylvania guy" in their blurbs would be the front-runners. I don't really think this list is worth much speculation, just because it seems like a bunch of names thrown at a wall to see what sticks. I suppose it's somewhere to start from, though. My nightmare scenario: hire Jim Duquette, who in turn hires Steve Phillips to replace Dave Littlefield. I will renounce the Pirates forever and I'm not kidding.