Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Protest

You can read my take on it at the Fanhouse. It's posted there because it can get a wider audience there. Here's the thing about this protest. It may not be the best organized thing in the world, but I certainly didn't put one together on my own, so who am I to complain? The local media has picked it up and given it a ton of publicity and that is a very, very good thing. I really think it can do a lot to give a wider audience an idea of how bad the ownership is here in Pittsburgh. The way the Pirates are attempting to wipe the whole thing off the record is despicable and it shows that they're at least a little scared of us. That's the bigger story here. That's the one that needs to get to ESPN and Fox Sports and everyone else. It's not that some Pirate fans (I honestly have no idea how many) are going to walk out of their seats on Saturday, it's that the Pirates are so terrified of this that they're asking their TV crews not to cover it and they're wiping it out of their message boards. That speaks volumes more than anything else, I think.