Thursday, May 24, 2007

This makes me sick

I don't even think I can read about this team anymore. I've been in North Carolina since Sunday night and I've only gotten close enough to the Pirates to give them some cursory blog posts and it's still been might depressing. Now we've got this in the PG today:

  1. Hey, good news, we're updating our facilities in the Dominican Republic. Welcome to 1987. This is like saying, "Hey guys, we officially switched from DOS to Windows 3.1 on all the office computers! Aren't we great!"
  2. And Dave Littlefield is confident that Shawn freaking Chacon is going to have a stabilizing effect on the rotation. Are we serious? I know the other options aren't great, but please don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.
Ugh. I'm going to go sit in an airport and not think about the Pirates for a while. The gamethread may be a bit late in coming tonight, depending on when I get back home. If I'm incredibly late, just use this thread to bitch about the team.