Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Links

I posted my take on the Matt Capps situation (which I kind of failed to comment on over my busy weekend) at the Fanhouse. Sorry about that, but I do have to put some Pirate stuff there.

Nate Silver of Baseball Prospectus did his Top 50 Players list again, only this year it's at SportsIllustrated. Jason Bay falls from #9 to #35 this year, based mostly on his drop in VORP from 2005 to 2006.

The Stats Geek looks at the Pirates offense in terms of the sabermetric "Runs Created" statistic. As usual, it's good stuff.

Charlie of the Bucs Dugout hits the big-time with a piece for the Denver Post's Fantasy Baseball Blog.

And finally, I missed this yesterday, but Dejan made more comparisons between the Pirates and the Brewers in the Q&A yesterday before launching into a rant about how freaking terrible the offense is.