Wednesday, April 18, 2007

This road trip must suck

This bizarre, meandering trip moves on to Milwaukee for a two days stop. Tonight Paul Maholm and Claudio Vargas will face off. At the moment the Pirates are only a half game behind the Brewers and a full game behind the Reds in the clusterf*ck that is the National League Central. The Pirates are rolling quite the road tour with a 6-2 record on the road thus far in 2007. I'm not sure they won 6 games on the road at all last year. As much as people keep saying "But it's cold for everyone" they do seem to hate cold weather with all six of their losses coming in freezing weather in Cincy and Pittsburgh. I know. Sample size. But Milwaukee has a roof, so we can't use that as an excuse tonight.

The game's at eight but gamethread has to go up early because I have this torturous thing called "History of Science" on Wednesday nights and I won't be back until nine-ish. Last class of the semester though, so I've got that going for me. Which is nice.