Monday, April 30, 2007

Here come the Cubs

The Cubs roll into town to close out this nine game homestand tonight. We're 4-2 on it so far, but if we lose this series and finish it up at 5-4 it's still going to feel like a disappointing homestand. If we get swept, well, that would suck. The Cubs are 10-13 but have played much better than their record indicates. We're 11-12 but haven't played as well as that subpar record indicates. I've got a bad feeling about this series.

Tonight Rich Hill and Zach Duke face off. Rich Hill has been practically unhittable thus far this year. Given how bad our offense is, Lou Piniella should be disappointed if Hill doesn't throw a no-no tonight. Duke was pretty good in his last start, but he's still got to concentrate on keeping the hits to a minimum. I know that sounds like common sense, but mostly what I'm saying is that I'd really like it if Zach struck some dudes out. Jim Tracy is keeping Ryan Doumit in the lineup tonight and putting him in right field, even with the lefty Hill on the mound.

This one's not on TV as far as I know, but I'll be around in the comments as long as it stays interesting.