Friday, April 13, 2007

Barry's back

As disenchanted as I've been with the Pirates of late, I'm still heading down to the park tonight. The main reason is that this is probably the last chance I'll ever have to see Barry Bonds play and despite my own personal feelings on the guy, his place in baseball history is certainly assured of and people like him do not come around all that often. This is the only night this weekend I can make it to the park, and so this is the night I'm going.

We're going to learn a lot about the Pirates in the next three days. The Giants are awful. The Pirates are reeling after an ugly sweep at the hands of the Cardinals. Duke will start tonight and he's been very good this year. Russ Ortiz is starting for the Giants tonight. He is not very good. If our offense doesn't get jump started against him, I am going to begin to think that it's not happening.