Sunday, February 25, 2007

While I was gone

So I disappear for another weekend and what do I miss? Let's scan some headlines.

Xavier Nady is getting tested to see if he has Crohn's Disease. It wouldn't mean the end of his career if he does have it, but it's certainly not a good thing. Dejan lists Theo Fleury as the most prominent athlete to play with the disease. I believe if this were The Pensblog, I would be required by law to refer to him as a jobber. But I digress: the main point here was to say "Get well soon Weapon X." That healing factor will finally come in handy.

Andrew McCutchen has been "fast-tracked," meaning he'll start this year in Altoona and may end up in Pittsburgh by the end of the year. I don't know what the rush is. Also, those goddamned spring training hats piss me right off with the huge P's and the red thingys over the ears.

Luis Matos apparently has a roster spot to lose at this point. Damn damn damn.

And that's it for now. I'm gonna have some more free time this week so I should be able to post more than I have been recently. And kudos to TJ and Handsome Sam in the comments for recognizing the Dead Milkmen. I thought that one might be too far out there even for you guys, but I was wrong.