Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Some site news

Most of you are probably familiar in some way or another with AOL's FanHouse blog, the massive collaboration between bloggers from all over the internet writing about different sports (namely the NFL and NBA at the moment). Anyways, the MLB FanHouse is getting off the ground this week with an official launch probably coming within two weeks. You are probably wondering why this is important, and the answer is that yours truly will be covering the NL Central for the FanHouse this year. Don't worry: WHYGAVS is not going anywhere. Since I'm covering the whole division for the FanHouse I can keep the intensely Pirate-centric stuff right here. I somehow don't think my wider audience will care about Ronny Paulino's slugging percentage in the seventh innings of tie games when the sun is down, but I'm pretty sure you guys do.

Anyways, there's a lot of great writers doing the MLB FanHouse right now including Fornelli from Foul Balls, Postman E and Postman R from We Are The Postmen, Matt Watson from the NBA FanHouse and Detroit Bad Boys, and the guys from The Dugout, to name a few. The roster of writers is still being filled out and it won't officially launch until March, but people are already writing (myself included) so I'd strongly recommend bookmarking it and checking it out. You can read everything I write for them here and you can check out the whole site at the link above. I'll put them both prominently in the sidebar in a timely fashion.