Saturday, February 03, 2007

Some quick news update thingys

Sorry for the lack of posts yesterday. Fact is, for the next few (or more) weeks, Friday and Saturday posting will probably be light or non-existent as I'm going to be spending a lot of time out of town and away from internet connections.

Anways, the Pirates avoided arbitration with two more players, Grabow and LaRoche, which leaves only Freddy Sanchez and Jose Castillo and they apparently seem to think they'll finish deals with both in the near future.

The Pirates are also interested in signing Danny Kolb
for... some reason I'm not particularly clear on. Because you can't have enough middle relievers I suppose.

And that's about it. I'm working on more of the season preview, but I don't think anything in that light will be posted until Monday.