Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Links and things

The Pirates are, as per the usual, not doing anything and it's leaving me with a serious dearth of ideas to post about. I may do another "closer look" type thing this afternoon, but I'm between classes now and don't have the time. Instead I can give you some links to browse over lunchtime, even though they won't really be Pirate-related.

Pittsburgh scores fourth on UniWatch's list of best uniformed cities. Honestly, I think we could be higher. There should be some bonus points for being the only completely uniformed city in America in terms of colors. Plus, LA and San Fran each have at least one awful uniform apiece. I say we campaign for third next year.

Sammy Sosa is working on a deal with the Rangers. Insert George W. Bush joke here. Also, the Rangers aren't interested in Raphael Palmeiro. I just hope DL doesn't find out he's available any time soon.

More arbitration numbers are here. Carlos Zambrano's bid is out of this world. He's going to be incredibly rich next winter on the market. If Zito's worth $18 million a year... I don't want to think about it.

Yet another player
is practically begging DL to bring in a bat. This whole situation has one positive side to it. If DL fails to bring in LaRoche this off-season and we start the way we did last year, he'll probably be fired by May. We can only hope.