Sunday, September 10, 2006

Reds 4 Pirates 2

Maybe I should finally get together a recap of a game that finished like 8 hours ago. Shane Youman wasn't really as bad as I expected, and he pitched 5 shutout innings before the Reds got to him in the sixth. He put up a very Chacon-like line of 1 K and 4 BBs in his 5 and 1/3rd innings, but I suppose we can forgive it since it's his debut and all. I mean, I'd rather watch him walk 4 and strikeout 1 than Chacon or Santos, so what the hell, go for it. None of it really mattered because we were absolutely shut down by Bronson Arroyo over 8 innings. He limited us to 4 hits, 7 Ks and only 2 runs over his 8 innings. Mostly it was probably a good thing that this one wasn't on TV as if it was I would've sat around swearing at the TV while watching Arroyo dominate us.