Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I hate the Braves

Bucs and Braves tonight. New Pirate Xavier Nady is in the lineup, playing first base and batting 6th. If there was any truth to the Chris Duffy rumor from yesterday, well, neither side is showing it as he's in Pittsburgh tonight and Tracy has seen fit in re-insert him in the top spot in the lineup. The pitching matchup is the intriguing part about this game, with Ian Snell facing off against John Smoltz. Last week Gavin, whom I'm sure just about anyone that clicks on the comments links will recognize, sent me an amusing story about Snell that I can't help but share:

My buddy does postgame and packages for (a local TV station) as an intern, I used to do similar work for (a different local TV station) and (a local cable TV station) which makes this story so great from my perspective. My buddy approached Ian Snell a couple weeks ago after a Friday night game, because he was due to pitch the next day, and wanted to get a couple sound bites for a preview package they would run before the game on the 6:00 news. He asked Ian if he had time for a couple questions, to which Snell responded "Snell doesn't do that." Yes, the guy with the ERA hovering around five used the third person and snubbed an interview request. And the thing was, he was DEAD SERIOUS.
Guys, you know what you have to do. This could be our "You're with me, leather." On a much, much smaller scale, of course.