Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Duffy

Since I pointed out the dubious link which contained what was likely an imaginary Chris Duffy quote, it's only fair that I also link to an actual conversation with Duffy, in which he is saying the things that one would imagine that a player who nearly quit baseball and was treated very nicely by his organization during a rough period for him would say.

...I appreciate everything (Tracy) and Dave Littlefield did for me through this. And I couldn't be happier to be back.
It would appear that Duff will get his chance to prove himself in center field for the rest of this season and having seen Bautista and McLouth muck around out there, I welcome it. Current word from the team is that Bautista will take of the job in right, which I think may work out well for him (I still think he could be a good outfielder). You can say what you want about the way the team is run, but they've finally committed to the youth movement we've been clamoring for all year. Unless Burnitz plays right every night like he did last night. Then I'll be pissed.