Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Pirates 11 Mets 1

This is why right now I would say there's 10 AL teams that would win the World Series before 1 NL team. The Mets are the cream of the crop on the NL and they got stomped on by the worst team in the league tonight, the Buccos (who just lost four of six to the best the AL has to offer). I could go on about who played well tonight, but I see three RBIs for Bay (I think the slump is almost over), a couple for Bautista (who keeps hitting), a three for five night for Paulino, and a couple hits for Casey. Maholm finally gave us a solid start, going six innings and only giving up one runs (though still allowing 10 baserunners). I suppose the bottom line on this one is that we got an open door tonight with Pedro missing the start and we actually went through that door and took advantage of it. You have to look for small highlights like that at this point in the year. 2-1 in the second half.