Thursday, July 27, 2006

Off day links

Sorry for the lack of posts today, but tomorrow is poster day where I have to present some of my research, so I've been running around like mad all day trying to find a printer at this damn school that I can print my poster out on. Still, I've got some links to share with everyone.

Beyond the Boxscore assigns fielding rankings to most of baseball, the infield here and the outfield here. If you haven't seen them yet, they aren't pretty. At all. (Via Bucs Dugout).

Yes, I'm aware of the whole Van Slyke/Ozzie Guillen thing that's going on. The fact is, you've got two guys with big mouths going after each other. It also depends on how you take Van Slyke's "atypical" comment. If you take it at his word, The Mighty MJD has a good take on things. If you think he meant "typical" then he's pretty stupid. Either way, I don't think this thing is bad enough to force a name change on the blog here.

Meanwhile, both Rowdy and Charlie weigh in on trade deadline stuff while Billy at Romo laments how the Royals and their competent GM are about to leave us in the cellar alone.

That's all I got, I'll have more tomorrow when I have more time.