Monday, July 24, 2006

Brew Crew

Tonight we return to the site of where this nightmare of a season began, Milwaukee. The Brewers have been falling apart lately, losing 7 of their last 10, to fall to 5 games behind the Reds in the Wild Card race. We've played the Brewers twice this year, they swept us in Milwaukee and we swept them in Pittsburgh. They're 29-20 at home while we're 11-39 on the road. This three game set opens up with Doug Davis and Zach Duke on the mound. They've faced off once before this season with Duke getting the win and Davis getting smashed all around the park in his three innings. It would be nice to recreate that experience, but the road/home splits likely indicate otherwise.

IN GAME MUSING (10:16)- I have never seen a team play as badly as the Brewers have and still have a 6 run lead in the 6th inning. I know I'm prone to exaggeration and hyperbole from time to time, but I'm being dead serious right now. If I watch much more of this I think my eyes will start bleeding.