Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Still kind of chubby Sidney and the Duke

I have to run out for a bit and I'm going to miss the beginning of this one, so I'll put the gamethread up now. Tonight we get the remade Sidney Ponson (you may remember him as "Fat Sidney" from Baltimore last year) who has sadly for the Cards been one of their better starters this year. Still, Sid hasn't gone more than 6 and 2/3rds of an inning in any start this year, so he really hasn't been that great this year. I'll stand by everything I said yesterday about the Cards lineup for at least one more day though, the guys they have to play right now just aren't as great as the Cards teams of the past two years have been. Duke has pitched well lately winning two of his last three starts and watching the bullpen blow a lead in the other start. Again, I think this is a winnable game for the Buccos, and one that they have to win if they want anyone to believe they're a different team than the one that we opened the year with. Will they win? I suppose we'll have to wait and see.