Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sunday

Someone kidnapped the Bob Smizik we all know and replaced him with a blogger. Since I tend to leave Smizik's columns alone you can go over to Romo Phone Home to read more about baseball blogs and big media. And there's more of a discussion about the article at Baseball Primer.

Now that I think I've set a personal record for most links in a paragraph, let's move on to today's 1:35 game. Maholm and Bird take the mound with the Bucs trying to win an unfathomable second series in a row. Maholm looked good in his last outing, Bird has not looked good at all this year, and the Indians lineup has been semi-struggling recently (four wins in five games against the Pirates and Royals doesn't mean your struggles are over, Cleveland fans... sorry). Our lineup, on the other hand, has been killing the ball when not facing men named CC Sabathia especially now that a certain Jason Raymond Bay (how cool is it that his middle name is Raymond? Jay Ray Bay... I'm easily amused sometimes, I know) is starting to see the ball. Anyways, I'm just happy that we're finally getting around to putting a lineup on the field that I can actually stomach (at least as much as I can take a lineup with Burnitz in it), though Casey's starting his rehab soon and Randa will be back shortly, so I doubt it will last much longer.