Monday, May 15, 2006

Round up

It's a depressingly rainy day here north of the 'Burgh, and the Pirates are a depressingly bad baseball team. It was semi-discussed in the comments last night, but the Bucs have chosen to keep McLouth up and send the Duffster back to Indy. Duffy is not pleased about it and seems to blame Tracy for his struggles. We are a long cry from "This kicks Lloyd and Spin's asses" in Spring Training, though Dejan speculated in last week's Q&A that Tracy's changes to Duffy may have been partly responsible for his struggles. We're bringing my buddy Mike Edwards back up, which doesn't bother me if he plays as much as Duffy did lately. Of course, we all know this won't be the case.

Meanwhile, Ollie thinks that the Pirates diabolical plan to screw Bob Melvin and the D'Backs and get him an extra start is helping and he says he feels "really good." I hope so, as down as I've been on Perez, nothing would make me happier than to see the old Ollie back. Also, Kip Wells' first bullpen session will come today and I realize that I'm the only person looking forward to his return to the rotation, but screw it, that doesn't mean I'm changing my mind.