Tuesday, May 30, 2006

More Pirates and Beer makers

I'm headed to game tonight and I'm fairly sure that with Santos and de la Rosa on the mound, at the very least both teams will put up 15 runs between the two of them tonight. I don't have much time now, but until I'm back I've got two links for everyone to chew on. The first one is a column from everyone's least favorite writer (and I don't mean Bob Smizik!) Jay Mariotti of the Chicago Sun-Times (via reader Nate, who is a different reader Nate than the one who gave us the Bucs "Loser" song last week). It hints that Mark Cuban may not sit around and wait for a "For Sale" sign at PNC Park, and he may snap up the Cubs if they become available before then. While I'd say it's much more likely MLB would allow Cuban to buy the Pirates than the storied Cubs, it's something to think about. I saw Cuban on the Chris Myers Interview on FSP a couple nights back and he said as much, that he'd love to buy the Pirates but if they aren't available, he'd love to buy the Cubs, too, as a personal challenge. Also today, John Perrotto comes up with a novel idea for Jim Tracy, that while it's true that the players have sucked this year, it's a team effort between the players, GM and manager to go 17-34 (this one is via both the Bucs Dugout and HW, who already have posts up about the column).