Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ex-Pirates in the news

In one of the more hilarious developing stories of the year, Jason Kendall has now decided that he plays badmitton for a living rather than baseball, based the fact that he was told the league will not reduce his four game suspension for charging my 17th cousin thrice removed, Big John Lackey, without actually being hit by a pitch. For those who missed it, Lackey threw a breaking ball to Kendall a couple weeks back and Kendall did the "I'm going to make it look like I'm getting out of the way while pushing my giant elbow pad closer to the ball" thing. It failed, but Lackey yelled something to Kendall. While I don't know what Lackey said, I'm going to assume it had something to do with certain parts of the female anatomy. Kendall dropped his bat, charged the mound, and a brawl ensued. Kendall is now surprised he's suspended for four games. This is the Jason Kendall that part of me still misses. I don't miss the .244/.360/.293 part so much, though.