Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Pining for Mark Cuban

I don't know how much attention everyone pays to the NBA (I personally pay very little to it), but the whole Mark Cuban, Phil Jackson situation is great. Jackson accused Cuban of influencing the refs with the way he apparently reviews game tape and sends questionable calls into the league. Cuban responded with a post on his blog titled "I Own Phil Jackson" and opening like this:

Not literally of course. That thrill belongs to the smartest businesswoman in professional sports, Jeannie Buss. Figuratively however, the coach formerly known as the Zen Master must now be considered my bucket boy.

This wasnt an acquisition I proactively pursued. There wasnt an official competition that I won, thereby confirming my dominance of his psyche. Instead Phil has initiated an ongoing commentary about me that started in his previous stint with the Lakers and was reinstated this year with his return, that proves that I own the guy.

Seriously, how fast can we get this guy into town?