Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Some quick manager related updates

Jim Tracy did interview today, by phone, with Dave Littlefield for two hours. When asked about Macha Littlefield said he couldn't comment on the situation until he gets permission from Oakland to talk to Macha. I don't quite understand that, maybe Macha is under contract with Oakland until a certain date or something. It does appear that Littlefield's talked with Macha's agent, however, probably in a "So are you gonna give us a hometown break or do I have no shot at you because of my tightass owners?" type conversation. It does look like DL is going to give Macha an interview, so things are suddenly not quite as open and shut as they appeared this afternoon. I'd say that's a good thing. The more quality candidates we can get in here to interview, the better. I'd be nervous about what Detroit did if I was a Tigers fan, firing Trammell and then almost immediately hiring Leyland with no consideration for everyone else. At least we know DL is weighing all of his available options.