Monday, October 03, 2005

Jim Tracy: Out in LA

Jim Tracy is officially out in Los Angeles. Let the speculation officially begin.

Meanwhile, Alan Trammel has been canned in Detriot. The first name to surface? Jim Leyland.

And in Oakland the A's want Kenny Macha back. The question is, does he want to go back? He has expressed interest in exploring "other options."

I have a feeling things are about to heat up in our little managerial search here.

UPDATE (MIDNIGHT)- I forgot about this PG article from earlier today. Leyland hasn't been contacted yet, which I'd take to mean he won't be because we've had plenty of time and it's not like he's hard to find. Comments in that article made by McClatchy seem to me to point towards Tracy as he said they won't know anything for about two days and DePodesta set a deadline of tomorrow to resolve their Tracy situation (which they obviously beat). If I had to guess the name at the top of their shortlist, I'd go Tracy right now.