Thursday, October 27, 2005

Congratulations to the White Sox

Congrats to the 2005 World Series Champions, the Chicago White Sox. They were the best team all year, and they were far and away the best team in the post-season. They somehow dominated a series that they only outscored the Astros by 6 total runs in (maybe because when you hit as poorly as the Astros you never seem like you're in a game when you're behind). South Side Sox has more, if you're looking for a Chicago perspective.

One other quick note, I was very disappointed in Phil Garner in this series. I've never really been impressed by his game-managing skills, but he was downright awful handling his pitching staff in this series, then ignored that fact and tossed his team under the bus after Game 3 ("I'm very disappointed and frustrated right now" and "We wouldn't have scored if this thing went 40 innings," stuff like that). You can manage poorly and that's fine, but nothing gets to me more than a manager disparraging his team in public. It was disgusting and I'm really going to find it hard to root for Garner after that. I do feel bad for Bagwell and Biggio, though. If anyone deserves to win, it's those two guys.