Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Wow, things really escalated quickly

It's not really a secret that Lloyd McClendon isn't well-liked by many people in the Gateway City, and there was apparently some bad blood when Vogelsong beaned Taguchi in the 9th last night (for what reason, I don't know), but a pre-game "scuffle" between the players, Dave Duncan, and Gerald Perry? Sheesh. I don't even know what to make of this as I don't see any situation in which Vogelsong, who can barely keep his spot on the roster, was throwing at Taguchi (not Pujols) in the 9th inning of a 10-0 game to avenge the injuring of Jose Castillo on a clean play. Then again, Lloyd's quote "I'm sure there were some sensitive feelings as to whether or not some of their players were thrown at intentionally. I think we got all that straightened out now," doesn't exactly sound innocent, and the film looks like Lloyd and the Bucs were instigating today. This is stupid and if I find out we're the ones instigating it I'm going to be pissed.

Anyways, speaking of things escalating quickly, I was wrong about Kip tonight. He got shelled and gave up 5 runs in 2/3rds of an inning. Nothing was really hit too hard, but nothing was hit softly either. That means it's Vogelsong time. Of course, being down 5-1 (because we picked one up in the bottom of the first before McLouth ran us out of the inning) against Carpenter isn't a good place to be in. I think that all that's left to be seen in this one is if a brawl starts maybe Big Country will powerbomb Abe Nunez. Now that's something I'd pay to see.