Saturday, August 27, 2005

Reds 5 Pirates 1- The view from under the rotunda where it wasn't completely pouring

Redman was bad, he got pounded around the park last night. The rain made things pretty miserable, but all 28,000 people in the park hung around for fireworks afterwards (and they were quite awesome, as always). Like I said in my post yesterday, Griffey was mostly the only reason to hang around for the actual game part of things (OK, and Adam Dunn hit maybe the longest homer I've seen in person at PNC). Back in Little League one of the things me and my friends always did was spend most of batting practice mimicking major leaguers with the best swing. Griffey was always the favorite, even for righties. When he was with Seattle his swing was perfect, grooved just a little bit, easy, right through the zone. It's been about five years since he's been healthy, but last night the swing was still exactly the same as I remembered it. You have to find the little things when your team is 21 games under .500 on August 27th.