Monday, August 22, 2005

As long as we're talking manager rumors

I posted about Ken Macha earlier today, so as long as we're on the topic of manager rumors, Jerry Crasnick has a long piece about Jim Leyland today on ESPN Insider. The main jist of it is that he's hankering to manage again. Where is a matter of conjecture at this point, but like Macha he may be willing to work close to his family for cheaper than market value. Of course than again, I'm talking about what is most likely a fantasy situation, one in which we're looking for a manager in the offseason. If we're not in that situation, we'll never find out if these guys will come here for an affordable price. I've never really been much of a Leyland fan and I'm not sure he'd be the best manager for this team (I'll go a little further into that if we're actually looking for a manager this offseason, I'm just stating this for the record) but I'd love to be in the position that we're looking to hire a manager this offseason.