Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Pitchers

I missed this until now, but Rory at Bleacher Blogger has the stats of Redman, Williams, and Fogg over their last 7 starts up. They are impressive. I also agree with this wholeheartedly:

Kip Wells, who has more talent then all these guys, needs to take note.
Though I would tend to disagree with this a little more:
As far as our pitchers, this won't last forever. Josh Fogg WILL go back to throwing meatballs up in the strike zone. Williams is still young and has mistakes yet to make. Redman might be able to keep it up for a while if he can keep up one statistic: in 8 starts this season, he has surrendered 1 HR.
I really think Fogg is a lot better than people give him credit for. He's won at least 10 games and benn .500 or better in each of his three years with us, not something easy to do with a team like the Pirates. And I think it's much more likely the pitchers keep pitching well (though maybe not this well) than the hitters killing the ball like they have, though other than Fogg I'd say his analysis is dead on.