Sunday, May 15, 2005

Pirates 2 Brewers 0- The Mystery Game

I honestly didn't know they played this game until I saw it on the news. With no TV here in Western PA, I heard it was delayed on the radio and saw what the weather looked like and never gave it a second thought. Turns out that they played at that it was a good thing.

Seeing as how I didn't know the game was played I don't have a ton to say about it. Mark Redman continued his brilliance in the black and gold and showed that this recent hot streak hasn't had much to do with Gerald Perry and a lot to do with something else, pitching. Look at this latest streak (starting after Fogg got bombed in Houston), the only really bad start belonged to Ollie in Arizona. I think the only other start that didn't qualify as a quality start during this stretch was Kip's last night (not sure on that one so don't hold me to it). I think this club has a much better chance of keeping up the good pitching than they do the hitting, especially if one particular Mr. Perez can turn things around for us.

Tomorrow is a chance to steal another series and we'll need a good outing from Dave "Mutton Chops" Williams to do it. Hopefully he's still under the tutelage of Mark "I knew I was the best Redman on this team" Redman, because we could use another outing like we got tonight.